Copy a Previous Timesheet
To create a new daily timesheet by copying an existing timesheet in the project's Timesheets tool.
When creating a new daily timesheet, you have the option to copy a previous timesheet. Copying a previous timesheet can save time on data entry, especially if your daily timesheet contains repetitive data entry for the same crew members.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Standard' level permissions or higher on the project's Timesheets tool.
- Additional Information:
- You can still Add Employees to the new timesheet. See Add Employees to a Timesheet.
- You can still Bulk Time Entry information for multiple employees on the timesheet. See Bulk Enter Time Entry.
- You can only copy over the data from the previous timesheet you entered.
- Navigate to the project's Timesheets tool.
- Click Create.
- Click From Previous Timesheet.
- Choose the Select Date. This is the date you want the timesheet created for.
- Click Add Employees to include additional employees that were not selected on the previous timesheet.
- Click Bulk Time Entry to apply the same information to multiple workers on the Timesheet. See Bulk Enter Time Entry for more information.
- Change any of the following information if desired:
- An asterisk (*) denotes a required field.
- Optional fields can be enabled/disabled in the Configure Settings. See Configure Advanced Settings: Project Level Timesheets.
- Classification: Select from the drop-down menu the employee classification associated with the time entry.
- Sub Job: Select from the drop-down menu the sub job associated with the time entry.
- *Cost Code: Enter or Select from the drop-down menu the cost code(s) associated with the time entry.
Note: If you are an admin on the Company Admin tool, you can limit the cost code selections that appear in this list. To learn more, see Configure Advanced Settings: Company Level Timesheets.
- Location: Select from the drop-down menu the location where the work was performed by that user.
- Time Entry
Depending on the 'Time Entry' method set on your project (see Configure Advanced Settings: Project Level Timesheets), you'll see the following fields:
- Start and Stop Time Entry Method:
- *Start Time: Enter or select the time the employee began working.
- *Stop Time: Enter or select the time the employee stopped working.
- Lunch Time: Select from the drop-down list the amount of time taken for a lunch break. Your options are:
- 0 min (Default)
- 30 min
- 45 min
- 60 min
- Total Hours Entry Method:
If your company is using configured to use this 'Time Entry' method, enter the total number of hours worked in the Hours field.
- Start and Stop Time Entry Method:
- Time Type: Select from the drop-down menu the type of pay being entered. Select from the following options
- Regular Time
- Double Time
Note: Time types are created in the Company level Timecard tool (see Add a Custom Time Type) and managed in the Company level Timesheets tool. See Configure Advanced Settings: Company Level Timesheets.
- Billable: Select from the drop-down menu if the hours are billable by clicking Yes or No.
- Add Description: Click to enter additional comments to the time entry.
- Add Line Item: Click this option to create extra line items on a time entry.
- Click Submit and Add Quantities if you would like to add quantities to your timesheet.
Note: This button will be disabled if quantities have not been uploaded into your project. See Add Quantities to a Timesheet for more information.
- Click Submit. The timesheet is automatically copied over to the selected date.
A banner will appear at the bottom of the page confirming the timesheet was successfully created.