For Procore Customers in the United States
When your company applies the 'Owners English' or 'Specialty Contractors English' point-of-view dictionary, you'll see different tool names and term changes in the user interface. Learn how to apply the dictionary options.
- To learn the differences: Show/Hide
This table shows the differences in tool names (bold) and terms across the point-of-view dictionaries for Project Financials. These dictionaries are available in US English only. The default dictionary is designed for general contractors, which means that you will need to work with your Procore Administrator at your company and your Procore point of contact to access the other dictionary options.
English (United States) - Default
English (Owner Terminology V2)
English (Specialty Contractor Terminology)
Invoicing Invoicing Progress Billings Owner Funding Owner Owner/Client Owner/Client GC/Client Prime Contract Change Order Funding Change Order Client Contract Change Order Prime Contracts Funding Client Contracts Revenue Funding Revenue Subcontract Contract Subcontract Subcontractor Contractor Subcontractor Subcontractor Schedule of Values (SSOV) Contractor Schedule of Values (CSOV) Subcontractor Schedule of Values (SSOV)
To provide downstream collaborators with permissions to submit new subcontractor invoices in a Procore project, an invoice administrator must add an invoice contact to their commitment. If a collaborator has more than one commitment on your Procore project, administrators can add a different invoice contact to each commitment. Alternatively, your company's Procore Administrator can set a default invoice contact in the downstream collaborator's company record.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions
- Additional Information:
- Subcontractor invoices originate in the Project level Commitments tool.
- Navigate to the project's Invoicing tool.
TipYou can also open a commitment from the Commitments tool. To do this, navigate to the Project level Commitments tool. In the Contracts tab, click the Number link.
- Click the Subcontractor tab.
- Locate the invoice to update, and click its Contract link.
This opens the commitment. A subcontractor invoice originates from a commitment.
- In the commitment, click Edit.
- Under General Information, do the following:
- Contact Company. Select the company record from the drop-down list.
- Invoice Contacts. Select an employee of the company from the drop-down list.
- Don't see the right company in the 'Contact Company' list? The company record must be added to the Project Directory. See Add a Company to the Project Directory.
- Don't see the desired user in the list? The user must ben an employee of the company record in the Project Directory. See Add a User Account to the Project Directory.
- Click Save.
- When does Procore send email notifications to invoice contacts? See Do invoice contacts receive emails from Procore?
- When does Procore send email notifications to members of the 'Invoice Distribution' list? Members added to the Commitment tool's 'Invoice Distribution' list (see Configure Settings: Commitments) receive notifications when:
- An invoice contact submits or resubmits a Subcontractor Schedule of Values. See How do I submit a Subcontractor Schedule of Values for a Procore commitment?
- An invoice administrator changes the status of the Subcontractor Schedule of Values from any status to 'Under Review.' See Review a Subcontractor SOV for a Commitment.